Monday, December 13, 2010

It gets easier

I wish that in the moment it was easier to say and feel this. There are so many challenges we face as parents and in the moment they seem to last an eternity. Some hurdles that come to mind are cluster feeding, teething and most recently separation anxiety.
Looking back I remember sitting on my couch thinking I would never be able to leave my house while Lily cluster fed. It lasted a little less than two weeks, but it definitely put me into a state of despair. Once it was over I felt so silly because it really didn't last that long at all. I told myself that the next time a hurdle came along I would remind myself that what they say is true.
It goes by so fast!  When you are in the moment it is hard to remember that.

I would say breastfeeding support is the key to success. Here are some of the resources I use.
Kellymom
Isis Parenting free breastfeeding drop-in group

My favorite teether












 from one mom,
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment